Welcome to the Waikouaiti Old Post Office Blog

Please follow the links to Peter's Pottery and Laura's Paintings on the right hand side of this page to see recent work from our studios and pottery and painting in progress.


This 102 year old building has been home and studio to artists, Peter and Laura Gregory, for the last 20 years. Under this roof both pottery and paintings are made.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yes, We Are Open This Weekend!


Why not come out for a Sunday drive to Waikouaiti and see some pottery being made, and have a look at some new pottery that was fresh out of the kiln on Friday. There are also paintings here by Laura, (and still some by Peter as well). Waikouaiti also has the world's best fish and chip shop, there is a local weaver who has her studio open (we can point you in her direction), and we have a beautiful beach. So...., don't stay indoors this weekend. Come and see us!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful old building, maybe some day I'll get to visit there. I love Laura'a work. Peter, do you have any photos of your paintings you could post so I could see?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    It is a beautiful building, a little cold in winter, but a friendly soul, and full of character! Thank you for your nice comments about our work, and home. I will sort out some photos of paintings for you and I will let you know when I have posted them on our site. It could be a few days away though. Kind Regards. P.

    ReplyDelete

Meet the Artists

My photo
Waikouaiti, Otago, New Zealand
I live with my wife Laura in an old Post Office building in the South Island of New Zealand. I make pottery, Laura paints, and we try to make a living from our work.