Welcome to the Waikouaiti Old Post Office Blog

Please follow the links to Peter's Pottery and Laura's Paintings on the right hand side of this page to see recent work from our studios and pottery and painting in progress.


This 102 year old building has been home and studio to artists, Peter and Laura Gregory, for the last 20 years. Under this roof both pottery and paintings are made.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Southern summer flowers and morning sunshine!


I have been reading some delightful potter's blogs recently and enjoying news of life in Devon and Scotland. It would seem that winter in the UK is rather cold and snowy at the moment, so I thought that I would post some sunshine and summer flowers on my site to compensate!

The view across farmland to the hill was taken from our front doorstep first thing this morning. I have cropped out the main road from the front of the picture (who needs them!).

I took some photos yesterday evening in our garden of flowers and some fruit. There are apples that will be ready in a few weeks, and a quince growing amongst the red berries of a viburnum.





2 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful!! Everything looks so lush and i LOVE those flowers in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neelam,
    good to hear from you, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of our summer flowers. Thank you for your comment on this blog, you will see that I have not updated the blog for a long time, most of what we do now is on the Peters Pottery site, which you will find at www.opopots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Meet the Artists

My photo
Waikouaiti, Otago, New Zealand
I live with my wife Laura in an old Post Office building in the South Island of New Zealand. I make pottery, Laura paints, and we try to make a living from our work.